Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. I need this completed by 10/21/17 at 12pm.
Application: Applying Theoretical Interventions for Clients Experiencing Life Transition and Developmental Issues, Part II
Marriage, couple, and family counselors have varying caseloads. What they all have in common is that their group of clients—whether large or small—represents the variety of human experience. Even those counselors with a specific clinical focus see variety in the ways in which specific issues manifest in different relationships. Part of the goal of your counseling program is to expose you to varying scenarios so that when you are faced with differing client situations, you will have the evidence-based research knowledge, flexibility, analytical skills, and theory-integration practice to know the best course of action to take with a particular couple or family.
To prepare for this Application Assignment, select and view one movie from the list provided in this week’s Learning Resources. Begin to conceptualize the couple’s or family’s problem through your theoretical orientation and identify interventions that you might use. Finally, begin to locate articles in the Walden Library that could be used to justify the interventions you selected.
The assignment (2–3 pages)
- Identify the movie you selected and the life transition/developmental issue present in the couple/family.
- Conceptualize the couple’s/family’s problem through your chosen theoretical orientation.
- Describe two interventions you would use to address these couple/family issues and how you would use them. (Note: The interventions may not emerge from your chosen theoretical orientation.)
- Justify the intervention you selected with two evidence-based research articles.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
Submit your assignment by Day 7.
Please select, obtain, and view one of the following movies to use with this week’s Application Assignment:
Please note: These films are not available through Walden Library. Contact your instructor if you are unable to obtain a copy independently.
- Movie: Rydell, M. (Director). (1981). On golden pond [Motion picture]. [With K. Hepburn, H. Fonda, & J. Fonda]. United States: IPC Films.
- Movie: Demme, J. (Director). (2008). Rachel getting married [Motion picture]. [With A. Hathaway, R. DeWitt, & D. Winger]. United States: Sony Pictures Classics.
- Movie: Redford, R. (Director). (1980). Ordinary people [Motion picture]. [With A. Sutherland, M. Tyler Moore, & J. Hirsch]. United States: Paramount Pictures.
- Article: Haggan, P. S. (1998). Counseling adult children of aging parents. Educational Gerontology, 24(4), 333. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Lara, T., & Kindsvatter, A. (2010). A structural approach to assisting families recovering from job loss. The Family Journal, 18(4), 344–348. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: McBride, J., & Simms, S. (2001). Death in the family: Adapting a family systems framework to the grief process. American Journal of Family Therapy, 29(1), 59–73. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.