Finance and Budgeting for the Public Sector
Question (CXU2a) (Separate Paper) Due March 6th 2018
Description of the government organization of your choice. Describe the ethical issue or violation you identified as it relates to finance or budgeting. Using the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) Code of Ethics or the ethical guidelines within your organization and/or nation, explain why it is/was an ethical issue or violation. Then, explain how the organization is addressing or has addressed it. If a violation has not occurred, how would you recommend preventing one?
Question (CXU2b) (Separate Paper) Due March 9th 2018
Write a 4- to 5-page double-spaced paper (not including the cover and reference pages) in which you do the following:
- Briefly describe a government organization in your state or nation.
- Briefly describe the current finance and budgeting situations/practices that could be positively affected by technological solutions.
- Briefly describe the technology your organization is currently using.
- Recommend two additional technological solutions, and explain how each could improve the efficiency or effectiveness of finance and budgeting within the organization.
- Use from the library at least two scholarly sources that were published within the past five years to support your paper. Be sure to follow APA guidelines when citing your sources.
Question (CXU3a) (Separate Paper) Due March 13th 2018
Write an example of mandate law that has had a significant impact on state or local governments. First, describe the mandate law you selected. Next, describe the effects of the mandate law, such as the ACA, on the fiscal and budgetary operations of the state or local governments. In your analysis, specify whether the impact is positive or negative and explain why.
Question (CXU4a) (Separate Paper) Due March 20th 2018
Write a brief description of the government organization you selected. Then, explain the internal and external factors that might impede the development of a successful financial strategic plan. Provide examples of at least two internal factors and one external factor, and explain how they could impact the organization. Then, identify how these obstacles may be overcome.