- 4-5 pages, MLA format, 12-point font, Times New Roman.
For this assignment, you will need to produce a focused argumentative paper, on a topic of your choosing that has some relationship to the course material my topic is’What is the relationship between targeting minority groups and immigrants for political power”. You should support your paper with readings of our course books and supplementary research. You will need to have 3-4 research sources for this paper. In order to find appropriate research, you will need to use the Howard Library System’s resources, do not forget to use Howard library for resources it is important just google it.
Most of all I am looking for effective and compelling arguments, with a passionate and engaged point of view. But I know that such a directive can seem rather vague, so here are some qualities of effective papers.
- A clearly argued idea with an effective use of sources. Analysis of your sources should not only support your main idea with evidence but should serve to develop it and give it richness and complexity.
- A clear sense of structure. You need to guide your reader through your argument, and in order for them to follow you, they need to be able to clearly understand where you begin and anticipate where you are going.
- An understanding of context and audience.
- A strong personal engagement with the materials and ideas that form the content of the paper. If you are bored, your reader will be as well.
Many of these things are very difficult to accomplish in writing, so do not expect your first draft to have any of them. First, you need to think through the material and your ideas, producing a big mess of writing, and then sort through that for clarity and structure. So please revise! Revision is perhaps the most essential part of an effective argumentative paper. It helps you give shape to your ideas.
If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to e-mail me.
FINALLY: Your paper is expected to follow all the rules of MLA citation and have a complete works-cited page. For more on this please check the following website:
If you fail to have proper citation it will significantly impact your grade.
YOUR PAPER MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THE CORRECT FORMAT. .PAGES files will NOT BE ACCEPTED.