SUBDOMAIN 732.4 – PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE II—MANAGEMENT LEVEL Task #3
Competency 732.4.1: Administration in the Healthcare Delivery Environment – The graduate analyzes how the operational management of a healthcare organization adheres to government regulations, accreditation guidelines, and quality improvement initiatives.
Competency 732.4.2: Health Informatics and Information Management – The graduate applies health informatics/information management skills at the managerial level at a healthcare organization.
Competency 732.4.3: Professional and Ethical Leadership – The graduate exemplifies high professional standards, upholds confidentiality requirements, promotes the guidelines of the American Health Information Management Association Code of Ethics, and demonstrates leadership skills as a health informatics professional at a healthcare organization.
In this task, you will provide an overview of your second professional practice experience (PPE). This task will focus on the following:
• organizational accountability
• professional accountability
A. Discuss the Hospital’s accountability to its stakeholders by doing the following:
1. Discuss two examples of how the Hospital accomplishes its mission, vision, or goals.
2. Discuss two examples of how the hospital responds to regulations or directives from external stakeholders (e.g., the federal government, state regulations, accrediting or certification bodies).
3. Provide a visual illustration of the organizational chart of the Hospital you interned.
4. Describe how the department you worked in during the professional practice interfaces with other organizational units.
B. Describe what you learned about organizational leadership during the professional practice experience.
Note: You may discuss activities, projects, or meetings you were involved in at the PPE site and how your experiences improved your understanding of operational management.
C. Describe how you learned about management from the Hospital director by doing the following:
1. Discuss how the hospital Director is involved with the daily work of his or her staff.
2. Discuss how the hospital director addressed and solved problems.
3. Discuss what you most appreciated about working with the hospital preceptor.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the General Instructions section.