Project Deliverable 2
Due Week 4 and worth 120 points
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a business requirements
document and a project plan. You must submit both sections as separate files for
the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section
of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / or
assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this
Documenting the existing IT network and system is an important first step,
but you, the CIO, know that capturing the needed changes can be critical to your
success as an executive. You know that procuring and documenting quality
business requirements is an important step toward the design of quality
information systems. Completion of a quality requirements document allows user
needs and expectations to be captured, so that infrastructure and information
systems can be designed properly. Using the requirements document provided in
the course shell as a part of the requirements gathering process, you are to
assess the needs of the company as it prepares to become a multinational
organization. You must consider current and future trends and requirements;
however, assumptions should be realistic and carefully considered. The needs of
the organization should be documented. Later deliverables will focus on
specifics of all requirements.
Section 1: Business Requirements Document
Write a four to six (4-6) page original business requirements document for
the project plan using the template provided here. Note: The template can also be found in
the Student Center of the online course shell.
Describe the project needs, including the following:
- Describe the scope and analyze how to control the scope.
- Speculate and give justifications for how to control scope.
- Identify possible risks, constraints, and assumptions.
- Describe the needed integration with other systems and infrastructure. Note:
Database and Data Warehousing, Cloud Technology and Virtualization, and Network
Infrastructure and Security.
- Assess the human capital that may be needed to complete the project,
ensuring that necessary skill sets are identified.
- Speculate on possible outsourcing or offshoring needs that may be required
to accomplish project.
- Define relevant terms that will be used throughout the project.
- Include cost projections for staffing, infrastructure, and other
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia
and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
Section 2: Revised Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project to:
- Update the project plan (summary and detail) template, from Project
Deliverable 1: Project Plan Inception, with three to five (3-5) new project
tasks, each consisting of five to ten (5-10) subtasks.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Describe the integrative functions and activities within the information
systems area, including the role of the CIO and technologies managed within the
- Evaluate how information technology (IT) is aligned with the strategy of the
organization, and how to make appropriate choices about architecture in
relationship to overall organization goals.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership issues and strategic insight of
the Information systems domain using proper writing mechanics and technical
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to access the rubric for this assignment. Click here to review the Capstone Project