Financial Plan (First Draft)
This week, you will build your draft financial plan. You will need to do it for the first two years. Use the Comparable method (please refer to chapter 9 of your textbook for further information).
For this week, complete the following:
- Complete a list of key financial assumptions that drive your revenue projections, cost of goods sold and operating expenses. Identify 2-3 companies to benchmark (financial information can be found on their annual reports which are public). Include 3 APA style references for your assumptions.
- An opening day balance sheet (your balance sheet MUST BALANCE)
- A monthly cash flow statement for years 1 and 2
- An income statement for years 1 and 2
- A chart or graph showing growth from start-up through year 2
Please use this template to build your pro-forma financial statements. Please be aware, the included worksheets do not interact with one another. You will need to enter information on each of the worksheets.
These pro-forma financial statements do not include a graph/chart required for item 5.
|Grading Criteria Assignments
|Meets or exceeds established assignment criteria
|Demonstrates an understanding of lesson concepts
|Clearly presents well-reasoned ideas and concepts
|Uses proper mechanics, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling, and APA formatting
Chapter 9 of book : Entrepreneurship
Andrew Zacharakis; William D. Bygrave; Andrew C. Corbett