Please note all of the information you need to do this assignment is in this post. It must be in APA 6th Edition Format, as well as a conclusion and reference section. Each reference must be a scholarly journal article with a DOI NUMBER and formatted correct. The references will be verified. Each reference listed must be used throughout the paper and formatted correct. This assignment will be submitted via turnitin. No spelling, syntax, or grammatical errors. A firm due date of Sunday for submission. This must be substansive and quality work.
In the health care industry, professional boards are established to protect the safety of the public. They do this through setting standards of care and other means. In this assignment, you will write about the functions and standards of these organizations with regard to how they protect the public.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) in which you contrast two state professional boards that regulate health care. Include the following in your paper:
- A clear identification of the two state professional boards being contrasted.
- A summary of the functions of each of these boards. What is the primary focus? What do they do?
- A discussion of the key professional standards established by the identified boards. How are the professional standards set by each of these boards similar and different? What happens if the standards are in conflict with one another?
- A summary and evaluation of the methods used by each of the identified boards for protecting the public. How and how well does each of these groups assure that professional standards are carried out and that the safety of the public is adequately protected?