Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Assignment: Both parts below into one APA paper
Part 1: Continuing Education (Part 1 should be at least 750 words and include 2 outside references plus the textbook.)
Continuing education units are required for renewal of license (in some states) and for recertification. Continuing education opens doors to job opportunities. Answer the questions:
- Why is advancing your degree and knowledge important for nursing as a profession? Explain and give several reasons.
- How would you respond to a nurse that states: “I only want to live and work in a state that does not require continue education credits and I never want to advance my degree?” Explain in detail what you would say and why.
Part 2: Future of Nursing (Part 2 should be at least 1000 words and include 2 outside references and the textbook.)
Review the author’s vision in the textbook (Chapter 25), of the future of nursing and complete your own research to include the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) report.
- Do you agree with the authors or do you have a different vision of nursing? Explain and provide examples as to why you do agree or do not agree.
Please consider how you have met the course objectives over the last eight weeks. Then write a minimum of 1000 words describing how this course has helped you achieve these outcomes.
(Topics that were discussed during this class, can be chosen to use a topic to discuss during this section)
-Nursing as a profession
-Legal and ethical issues
-Teamwork, Informatics, Changes
-Holistic, cultural and spritual nursing
-Advanced nursing roles, continuing information